Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Launches First Smartphone App
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) has launched its first official mobile app for smartphones. The mobile app is available worldwide and travellers have the privilege to download free from iTunes App Store, Google’s Android Play Store and BlackBerry App World.
The free mobile app offers a range of information from latest updates and news about flights, airport services, shops and restaurants. This is considered the first airport app to offer services through the push notification feature.
Features of the new app include:
• Flight information and tracking
• Flight and gate updates with alert ‘push’ notifications
• Restaurant and shopping locations
• Parking availability, locations and rates
• ‘Within five minutes of my gate’ feature which locates the nearest restaurants and shops to your gate.